Sunday 29 January 2012

A Feast of Colour!

Yesterday, we had another great Bee Blessed afternoon.  

As usual, I forgot to take lots of decent pics of our fun and frolicks (I get so engrossed in what we're doing!).  But I do have one from the afternoon:


This is one of 4 log cabin quilts currently in production, affectionately known as the red & green one!  We also have a blue one, a pink one and a brown/cream one.  They are all at various stages of being quilted at the moment, so not too far away from a few more finished items to giveaway.

We are also responding to 2 recently highlighted needs, a quilt for a gentleman and a quilt for a family who are going through a rough time at the moment.

We've decided to make the gentleman a traditional log cabin quilt, but with a twist!  For the family, we are going to use the accumulating sampler blocks which you have been so generous in donating, alongside those we have been making.

Here are some we have gathered together already.


And here are other more softer blocks, which I thought I'd lay out together to let you see.  This may or may not grow into another quilt in its current form!


So you can see we are making progress in our ultimate aim of blessing those in need with quilts made with love.  Thank you for being a part of that.

11 comments:

  1. Lots of work done there Judith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these all look great and will be so well received

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're looking great Judith! I was having problems imagining how the sampler would look with a variety of blocks AND fabrics...it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love seeing these all together - you ladies are fantastic, and I am only too happy to play my little part xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry that I haven`t let you have any blocks recently - will try to do something about that. The sampler tops are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lot of beautiful blocks! I sure wish I could join you in person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done ladies! The modern blocks one looks really gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a great gathering! How nice to make quilts for other people and your sampler quilt will be delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that sampler quilt for the the family, it's really zingy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo