Tuesday 21 February 2012

Come Dine With Me!

I promised to show you more photos of the placemants and coasters I was making as class samples.

The classes start on Friday 9th March, and here's what folks will be making:

Finsihed size approx. 16" x 12"
This is a set of 6 placemats, each made slightly differently to give folks a range of creative options.  For example, they can be quilted different ways:








 


Some are finished in the same way you would bind a quilt, or for those who haven't learnt that yet, they can be made with no binding And they can be decorated with handstitching or ribbon/trim in any way you like.

All the placemats are made with heat resistant wadding, which makes them practical and slightly structured.

The coasters are simply mini versions of the placemats.


We will also be making this handy storage basket.
And why not finish the set with a cutlery storage basket.


There is a tutorial for this basket available here.


So there you have it.  A set of 6 placemats and coasters.  I think these would make a lovely house warming or Mother's Day gift!  

Hope you are having a great Tuesday!

19 comments:

  1. How cute is that set! I loved seeing all the ways you can do the quilting. It really changes the look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous!! The class is sure to be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! I like the placemat with a little pouch(?) for the cutlery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute set!! I wish that I lived close enough to sign up for your class.
    Enjoy your week,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute cute cute! I'd like to take your class some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, your classes will be a great success, these all look fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great class this will be - that wee pocket is just so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea...you are right it would make a great Mother's Day gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of these. I just did my mum some new placemats, she didn't get fancy ones with a cutlery sleeve though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great set. Just wish I could sign up for class. Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great way to show off all those techniques to your students :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh your class will love them! I still struggle with the thought of my kids, food and fabric in the same place!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are so beautiful!! love everything the coasters especially have so much work in them way more than the ones I make! love that wee basket too! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok they're all fabulous and I think you are a genius to put them all together the way you have. Your students are going to have a great time making them! And I hope you don't mind but I've just got to copy them myself! Brilliant Judith, I love them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love the placemats, you're a bit too far away for me to take the class, I don't suppose you considered writing a tutorial/pattern for them?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the different quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are fantastic! I love that your quilting is also a practical thing to be used and appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo