Tuesday 18 December 2012

Music and Pandas!

That was the brief I was given for a secret santa present my daughter needed for her friend!

I decided to go with a musical themed journal cover, but I couldn't get hold of musical fabric in time.

So I replicated the 'sketched' musical score idea I used on my other daughter's flute case.

Secret Santa Journal Cover Dec12

The inside of the cover has more of the aqua blue (a favourite colour of this young lady) and my eldest daughter just happened to have a fimo panda cookie charm in her stash, which I sewed onto the front.

Secret Santa Journal Cover Dec12

My duaghter has given this her seal of approval and reckons her friend will love it! Phew!


16 comments:

  1. Well that was an interesting combination to be given, but it's a cute result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, that wee charm looks good enough to eat !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad daughter approved! lol its lovely, I'm sure it will go down well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! And the panda just makes it extra special (I just love pandas)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic rise to the brief!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that music score you sewed on. And the panda is gorgeous. Must show Em to give her inspiration. (She has been making presents for friends.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun and funky! Love that panda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a brilliant mum and your daughter is very fortunate to have your design and making talents on tap!!! Lovely make. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw Judith it's beautiful, how pleased she will be :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. www.journeylankaholidays.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well really, how could she not love it?!? Cool AND cute? Brief fulfilled!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done, Judith! I'm pretty sure I would've been stumped by the combo of music and pandas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo