Wednesday 6 March 2013

What Matters Most!

I got back home on Monday from a brilliant weekend away!

The main reason for my visit was to spend some time with this special lady:

Bloggers Get Together Mar13 006
Nigella, eat your heart out!
There were a few tears, no tantrums, and mostly lots and lots of laughing! But on the Saturday, Terri, me, and a few more bloggers, gate-crashed Ceri's!

Bloggers Meet up Mar13

Terri was our 'Nigella' and served up a beautiful Mexican soup. Then followed a particularly inspiring Show & Tell!

Show & Tell - Bloggers Meet up Mar13

It was a real highlight for me getting to spend time with some of my Brit Bee mates (Terri, Ceri, Susan, Hadley, Trudi & Jo) as well as another bloggy mate, Di, and my new friend, Liz.

On Sunday, we left Ceri's cottage in Hastings & Terri introduced me to the historic town of Rye!  My, did I fall in love!

Rye/Hastings Mar13

Cobbled streets, vintage shops aplenty, and the cutest coffee shop (called Edith's) decked out like Granny's house, complete with real dog called Boo!  Can't get more quaint than that!

                                       ***************************************************

I've not felt much like writing here since I've been back.  It was a truly special time, and it's hard to put into words the roller coaster of emotions that I've travelled these past few days.

I will treasure these memories, and hope that I get the chance to make many more of them, with these truly talented and special people I get to call my friends.

"A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same!" E.Hubbard



Jxo

25 comments:

  1. A little warning next time, you just made me cry! So glad you all had a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect weekend, tears and all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased you had a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saved my tears until I got in the car to come home xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a brilliant weekend. I have special memories of childhood holidays in this area as my god parents lived near Hastings. Really must go back sometime. Your photos are brill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the best time. It is so fun that I have met almost all of the group and I know that all of you are so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Couldn't have put it any better than Susan! And you just made me well up with pride my lovely lovely friend! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that picture of you and Susan! Great photos Jude and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely post! It looks like you all had a very special time together. I hope you get chance for many more get togethers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There definitely needs to be another round :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love you too. Mmmwah x Di x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I swear I am never missing out again, cant express just how gutted I am. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. All down to the power of the internet, just shows it can be for good.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing these great photos! so glad you girls had such a fab time x

    ReplyDelete
  15. And what did Terri say to make Ceri wet herself!? You look serene as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Special post for a special weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It truly was an amazing day; my beautiful *new* friend.
    So glad to have such wonderful friends and memories to treasure.
    I love that last photo of us all.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A perfect post for what looks like a perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like you had an amazing weekend

    ReplyDelete
  20. Our my heart swells with emotion when I think of you all. Those dear friends that made it and those that didn't. You've captured our time together perfectly. May we still enjoy many more xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, that sounds like a wonderful time with great people!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like an amazing awesome fun time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo