Sunday 18 October 2015

The Best Bit!

The best bit about being involved in a charity quilting bee, is donating finished quilts to good causes and those in need.

Bee Blessed donating quilts
Me with Pat, Senior Social Worker at RVH
Last week I had the privilege of bringing 15 baby and children's quilts from Bee Blessed to The Royal Victoria Hospital's Mums and Babies HIV unit.

Bee Blessed donating quilts

You may remember contributing to these quilts over the past year, or seeing them on my washing line!!

Bee Blessed children's quilts Aug15 Bee Blessed Children's quilts

It is a privilege to pass on these quilts to families in much need of support and blessing. This was our 2nd bulk donation to RVH and we hope it won't be the last.

Remember, if you would like to contribute a block or two to this charity bee, check out this month's block tutorial here.

Jude xo

4 comments:

  1. How lovely! There are so many baby patterns I keep wanting to try and no friends and family having babies. Maybe I should make and donate instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how lovely it has been to be some small part of all this. I am sure these quilts will be much loved and used and dragged round the floor!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo