Friday 1 January 2016

H.O.P.E.

I love New Years, perhaps even more than Christmas!

Not everyone shares this sentiment, but for me, it's a blank page, a new start, fresh hope!

My word for 2015 was 'Restoration' - after burning out in 2014, I needed time out, time to reflect, time to restore and to just be!


As I look back, it certainly wasn't the year I had envisaged this time last year! But there were many positives and blessings.  And for those I am thankful and grateful.


For some reason, it's perceived as a bad thing to fail! Whether that's in business, relationally, spiritually, creatively!  I've learnt that sometimes failure is good, because you learn stuff!  You learn so much more about yourself and those around you, and if you are open minded enough to absorb that learning, look forwards and not backwards, you might just take a step forward, develop vision and start believing in better once again.


From all the highs and lows in my 2015 I have done some restoring, but mostly I have done a lot of refining! I have refined my dreams, my capabilities, my boundaries, my self-confidence.

And as I go into 2016, my word for the year is HOPE.  I know there will be some down days, a failure or two, lows as well as highs, but that's ok, because that is glorious, wonderful life.  And this life is worth living from a place of hopefulness and expectation.

I pray that as you go into 2016, you will be unburdened by your past, you will choose to live this year differently from the last many years, that no matter your age, you will grow wings and fly on the thermals of hope and expectancy that this year will be different and better.


I'm waiting for an awesome 2016! How about you!

Jude xo

11 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! A lovely post and very thought provoking. I think I need to keep those quotes in mind this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! A lovely post and very thought provoking. I think I need to keep those quotes in mind this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Medallion App Review This article is aimed to benefit the new traders to accomplish their goals in trading. Therefore, unique and matchless features of binary option brokers are stated, so that traders can perform effective analysis on the entire process of choosing an excellent binary options broker, and this way turn their business in a profitable trading. http://www.linkedin.com/pulse/medallion-app-review-ashwin-kumar

    ReplyDelete
  4. some very thought provoking stuff in there, keep it going dear, we can all only walk forward.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good choice. If last year taught me anything it's that hope is not the easy wishful thinking that we sometimes think. It's much much deeper (and sometimes) harder than that. It's a resolution to keep believing that things will work out, that there will be better days, that awesome might be just around the corner. Hoping is worth it. May you find your awesome and enjoy it to the full! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope is a great word, I wish you the very best 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully said, Judith. And so greatly encouraging, thank you. May 2016 be an amazingly blessed year for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you and yours! Brilliant blog, as always, and thought provoking. I'm going to choose "patience" as my word......not my strong point. But can I also have serendipity, just because I like it so??!! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well said. I hope 2016 is full of wonderful things for you and yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. สล็อต 777

    ด้วยกฎกติกา รูปแบบการเล่นเกมสล็อตออนไลน์นั้นเล่นง่าย สามารถเล่นได้ทุกเพศ ทุกวัย เหมาะสำหรับผู้ใช้ทั้งรายเก่าและรายใหม่ สามารถพกพาความสนุกติดตามไปได้ทุกที่ ไม่ว่าจะอยู่ที่ไหน

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo